3.14.2010

Vegas, baby!


Well, Vegas was a great time. I went for a four day trip for the WPPI conference with Erika, and we had so much fun together learning and goofing off and running into old friends. I blogged about it some over {HERE} too, but wanted to include some different pictures for my girls :)

Erika and I went out one night after dark to see all the lights on the strip, and of course to watch the Bellagio fountains. Just like in the movies! They were gorge. Of course the first picture is from that....this one is of E shooting on the strip. The lights were amazing!

Some day I've got to see the real deal :)

Been here....New York, New York.

We stayed at the MGM Grand which was huge! We seriously got lost a few times just trying to find our way back to the elevators to our room :) I posted a daylight picture of the MGM lion {HERE} too.

On our last night in Vegas Erika and I had a fantastic dinner at this swanky little place...

And of course had to have our signature smash-face picture!

And after dinner we met up with my friends Hector & John, who I shot Jodie's wedding with a couple years ago. They are a total blast and we all four laughed til we cried. More than once.

It was SO fun to run into my high school friend Bailey at the conference too!! She looks fabulous and we had a great time catching up. We're hoping to shoot a wedding together in 2010, so stay tuned for that.

Erika and I cruising around the Trade Show, which was enormous and overwhelming but so awesome! We got to see lots of album samples, meet people, buy camera gear and just browse. I think there were over 700 vendors there or something?!

Oh. My. Word. Highlight of the day was running into Jasmine Star at the Trade Show after hearing her speak at one of the classes. We both look up to her so much in the industry and are sooooo inspired by her work and her character!! And hello, she is beautiful!

Oops, a little out of order - E & me in front of the Bellagio. Double oops - the fountains finished before the pic was snapped! Of course!

At one of the show's evening mixers, catching up with the girls. How crazy that we've known each other for 12+ years!! So cool to be doing this profession alongside them.


You can also check out some pictures Erika and I did for each other {HERE}. We were both overdue for updated website headshots and had a great time running around shooting for an afternoon. Anyway, that's the Vegas update!

We are on our way home from Canada now where we celebrated the big 30 for me this weekend, so I'll try to have pictures up from that soon :)

5 comments:

Erika Jackson said...

What a blast. Loved every minute of the conference with you (it was totally lame once you left!). Your pic of the fountains is AWESOME. yay WPPI!

Anonymous said...

Funny that you say that about getting lost in the MGM Grand. Did Kate tell you that we went there for brunch when we were in Vegas, and I almost got us lost just off the floor trying to find the buffet - I led us the TOTAL wrong way!

-Daniel

Carol said...

What a great trip. Very cute pictures!

April said...

Such great pictures!!! Glad you had such a good time :)

Liz said...

The whole time I was reading that i was thinking "did she know Bai was there?!" But I guess you found eachother! Looks like so much fun. Loved the pic on your photo blog of you in heals on the floor taking a pic, and the yellow stairs. And might I add, your teeth look lovely :)