A couple weeks ago we joined the Huntingtons for our annual Pumpkin Hunt (see last year's HERE) and this year was much improved over 2008, which I guess was a bad pumpkin year! This year we had millions to choose from! And while last year Eliot was just a bun in the oven, this year he got to help pick out his own and even "tasted" a few :)
Look at this huge one Mike found!
Picking just the right one...
Who knew pumpkins were so heavy!! My arms were aching after the walk back to the wagon. This patch is so cool, you just wander the rows of pumpkins and there are so MANY! I love that you actually have to cut them off the vine. Really cool.
The punkin' patch was very funny to Eliot, I guess :)
This is a what a photographer's baby has to put up with! Some day you'll see pictures of me doing this with my kids :)
And as usual we thoroughly enjoyed the petting zoo area of the patch. I don't know what the heck these giant bird things are (emu?) but apparently they're biters! Watch those fingers. None of them tried to bite us but when we got close to their pen they GROWLED at us!! And they have red eyes. I'll stay back, thank you very much.
I have lots more to update you on, I know you're waiting with bated breath. I'll try not to take three weeks for the next post :)
Happy Fall, y'all (or is it winter here already?!).
No comments:
Post a Comment