7.10.2009

Midwest Love...And A Trip Home

Can't believe it's been a month since I last posted - we've been very busy!

We just got back from a ten day trip to see my family in Missouri. Had such a great time with them and as usual, found that time with them just keeps getting better (it is the Team Apostle motto afterall). Most of our time in Columbia was spent painting Liz & Josh's house, so sorry to my girls who I didn't get to see this trip!! We also road-tripped to Springfield to see my maternal grandparents and from there went to Illinois to see my paternal grandparents. Making the rounds! :) It was a whirlwind trip with lots of driving, but we had the best time. Love you guys and miss you already!!

Here are some of my favorite pics from the MILLION I took all week!

As usual, Laney found my lipgloss and made herself look very pretty :)

Eating some Nerds (or "nerts" as she says) after a successful trip to the potty. She is doing amazing with potty training!! I was very impressed.

Made a flying trip to Rolla one morning to hang out with my April and Ella. A, I loved getting away just us for awhile - great conversation. Unfortunately my pictures of the two of us didn't turn out :( But here is a very sweet picture of Momma and Baby Girl (who is very decidedly NOT a baby anymore :)).

I loved just sitting on the front porch of my parents' house in the evenings, eating popsicles and reading the paper and watching storms roll in. This is the view one night while it was getting ready to rain. It's so peaceful there.

The Peanut got her first push-up courtesy of Aunt Jess :) She was very impressed!

And very messy!!

Ahhh, painting. Most of the work was done by Mike, thankfully. He is a much better painter. But Liz & I tackled her bedroom and didn't do too bad! We mostly just ran errands for Mike, getting him more paint and Cokes and TBell lunches, etc. It's just as important a job, right? :) Their house was totally transformed, and looks awesome!!

We went out for ice cream one night after dinner at HuHot (mmm!). Laney loved her ice cream so much she gave up the spoon and just bellied up to the bowl!

The Aunts with the beloved Niece.

We had such a good visit with Grandma & Grandpa Holt in Springfield! It had been too long, and we loved just sitting around visiting for a couple days. Mike and Laney made fast friends this trip, and here they are snuggling in the evening!

Laney filling very big shoes, Mike's and her Momma's :)


Every girl should have an Aunt to play horsey with! She was cackling with laughter. I think my knees still have rug burn from it, but she's worth it.

Liz and Laney in Grandma's back yard.

Family portrait (as we like to say, "line 'em up and shoot 'em!")

We discovered that Laney's hair is finally long enough for pigtails and they are VERY cute!!

She's not onery at all...look at that grin.

Grandma & Grandpa have a turtle that lives in their backyard and she loved him! She kept calling him "teetle" :)

After a VERY long (and loud) five hour drive from Springfield to Illinois, we arrived just in time for a fish fry at my uncle's house. The whole fam damily was there already too, and we had a great time sitting around the yard chatting and of course eating! Kate had just flown in that morning and Ruthie picked her up on the way through to IL, and it was super fun to have her there for the 4th of July festivities. She fits RIGHT in with all of us :)

Enjoying the last drips of my Coke, don't worry she didn't get the whole can. Please note Chucky the Doll that her Aunt Jane got her :) It makes noise, sucks on its binky and moves its eyes!!

Petting the new kitties at my uncle's house. Laney is a sucker for any animal!

Snuggling with Aunt Kate on the floor (she still calls her Cake, which we all love).

After playing in the rain, the Peanut discovers she doesn't like dirty feet.

Oh the piglets! My uncle Clint has new baby pigs and they can get out of their pen and they just run around squealing. They're very cute, even if they're pigs.
Aunt Cake and Laney riding around the countryside in the Mule.

Hi Mrs. Cow!
They are beautiful. I seriously love being on a farm.

Laney and I after visiting the cows.

This is an all too familiar face. Princess likes to get her own way :)

We spent one evening fishing on Grandpa's "big pond" - which I remember being MUCH bigger as a child :) Such a great night, I have missed not fishing! Used to do it almost every weekend in my high school summers and it was so great to get back in that mode even if just for one night.

Yes, I did wade into the pond to retrieve a lure that got stuck on a lily pad. Everyone made fun of me for wearing a dress fishing (long story - but I didn't have a change of clothes available) but I redeemed myself by hiking it up and wading in!!

New profile pic, Josh? Great shot, Kate!!

Liz proudly displaying the ONLY fish that was caught in those couple hours we were out!!

Laney with her Aunt Jane ("Jame"). Jane and I are the bearers of candy and treats, and Laney knows that well :)

Only in the country, folks.
My uncle's dog Fletch rides around like this.

The new official Price family portrait!!

Me and my Pops.

The A-Team with Gramps.

The Price sisters. Please note the FRIZZ my hair has exploded into. Welcome back to the humidity!!

Ahh, yes. The normal Price sibling portrait. Charlie loves an opportunity to take a photo with his sisters!


Peanut with her "Charla."

I love this picture of Gramps. Thanks, Kate, for stealing my camera.

Peas in a Pod!!

Out visiting with the girls on our last day there.

Me with my Price grandparents (with Jack the Dog and Peanut Burrito the Donkey) on our last day there. Gramps drove me and Mike and Grandma all over their property - it was sweet time with them before heading home.

Best trip home yet. I love the midwest even with all the stickiness and heat and bugs of the summer! And I love time with family like nothing else.

12 comments:

Carol said...

We loved having you guys with us! Really good pictures, too!

Unknown said...

we miss you guys jess. great pictures....we can`t wait to see you again..i miss laney so much!!!!

EllensCreativePassage said...

Is Peanut Burrito sniffing Mom's rear end in that last photo??
Great pics as usual!!

April said...

It looks like you guys had such an awesome time! Seriously love all the pics, especially the ones of Miss Peanut. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for coming to see us -- we loved it too. G'De & G'Don

Josh and Liz said...

Love the post, except you stole all the pictures I was going to put up on my blog! ;) Guess I'll have to pick different favorites out of the MILLION!

Loved having you, can't wait to do it again!

Natalie "The Pampered Mom" said...

Oh my gosh I thought we had lost you! Your trip looks like a blast, and I looove the pictures. . . Just can't get enough!

Erika Jackson said...

love that you post so many pictures from each trip. can't believe how old laney is getting! So glad you had a fun trip with the fam!

Liz said...

Great pics! Love the one of Ella and April (they look identical) and the mess push up smile on Laney's face. What a great time! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Great post babe! Pictures...outstanding. Fun to see the fam!
Achmed

Marri said...

Love the turtle pic, love the you getting your lure pic, jealous I didn't get to see you, jealous I wasn't with the Price fam, jealous that I have never met Laney!!


Heavy sigh; you all are amazing and I love you very much!!

Benny and Rachel said...

I love that you got to see so many people in one trip!! How fun!