What to do with all those leftover pumpkins?
After finding Sarge with these several times in the last week, stolen off the hearth and with little teeth marks in them, I decided to just offer him one for a healthy snack! He loved it, laid out in the yard for 30 minutes chewing it up. This from a dog who is picky about what dog treats he eats....he's an odd one!

Just starting off...
After finding Sarge with these several times in the last week, stolen off the hearth and with little teeth marks in them, I decided to just offer him one for a healthy snack! He loved it, laid out in the yard for 30 minutes chewing it up. This from a dog who is picky about what dog treats he eats....he's an odd one!
Just starting off...
And now, exhausted from all the work.
You'll notice I cut a sliver off the side of the pumpkin so I could dig all the seeds out first. The last thing I need is Sarge germinating my yard and having a million pumpkins pop up next fall :) Oh, and we did check Google first to make sure they're okay for Dingos to eat. Apparently they're actually useful as a diarrhea-stopper. Who knew?
Enjoy your weekend fellow bloggers!!

10 comments:
Hilarious!!! Glad you added the google disclaimer at the end...I was wondering the whole time I was reading the post..."are those safe for puppies??"! I love the "Eww" face. He has such CUTE facial expressions:)
Looks like Sarge had a good snack! Who knew?
Yes, you can always give fresh or canned pumpkin (I usually mix it with white rice) to a dog with liquid poop issues. Maybe it will help Sarge with his!
awww if only it were so easy to give dogs everything they tried to steal off tables and hearths...The thrill of the steal would be so much less!
the treat snob surprises us once again!! hmm, so pistachios, green beans, and pumpkins?? what a funny litte rat!
That is an excellent way to reduce, reuse and recycle. I have some gourd pumpkins on the front porch, but Axl never took an interest...maybe if I had painted them bright yellow like a tennis ball?? Guess I'll have to get rid of mine the old fashion way!
Dingos? Girl...that sounds like something they call people in NY! LOL. Thinking of you today...
Dingos? Girl...that sounds like something they call people in NY! LOL. Thinking of you today...
Jess, you can expect a Fed Ex package in the next few days...I will send you the 92# pumpkin that Sam won at the MDA walk...that should take Sarge a few days to finish! Yaya
that's so cute! I'll have to try this next year with Tank ... i'll let you know how it goes :)
Post a Comment