9.15.2008

Lately

Okay, here is where I'm a little obsessed :) In order to blog about my visit to MO this week, and all the baby loving and birthday celebrating we did, I have to first catch up on my blogging from the last few weeks. We had a busy string of days, or weeks, and I took lots of pictures but never found the time to blog. So here is what we've been up to lately.....and stay tuned for pics from my time at home. It was AWESOME by the way!!

These first pics are from a night out with our Windsor friends - Rob and the Koepps and us Apostles all live in the same 1 mile radius. It is so. much. fun. Seriously. We get together a lot, for trips to the gym, or golfing (if you're a guy) or dinners out or walks with the dogs. It's fun to live in such close proximity to such great friends! Of course Fort Collins is just a few miles from us, and we see all of our BFFs a ton, but this night out was just the Windsor crew. Good times!

Ruth, I hope you're laughing at Mike's face in the above picture - classic!


The whole Windsor crew!

Next up, Uncle Mike and Missy came to visit for a few days on their way to Estes Park for a weekend away. It was fun to see them, and we all enjoyed MUCH good cooking and laughing and wine drinking. They are so great, and we don't get to see them nearly enough. When we go back to KC it's hard to hang out for very long with everyone, so it was a treat to have them all to ourselves for a couple days. Thanks for coming to see us, Allees!


The dogs were exhausted by all the hoopla in the kitchen the first night Mike and Missy were here, and decided to take naps.

I have been playing softball on a co-ed league this summer and now joined their fall league. It is so much fun to be back on the field!! I didn't realize how much I missed it. Here's part of our team after a game a couple weeks ago -

Mike went back to Kansas City a few weeks ago to celebrate his Grandpa's 90th birthday!! They went out golfing and Grandpa still beat Mike. Amazing!! We are both really blessed to come from strong families that seem to age really well, and with few health problems. It's such a blessing for Mike to get this time with his Gramps, and I know they had a wonderful time together for several days!

On a rare day off together, Mike and I went to Boulder for the first time with our friends Mike and Jen. We had a great time exploring! It's such a fun little town nestled in the foothills, with beautiful views and GREAT little boutiques. We all had lunch together on this awesome outdoor patio at a Mediterranean tapas restaurant (our fave!), and then Jen and I shopped the afternoon away while the guys went for a hike. It was a beautiful day, and we had so much fun with the Huntingtons! This is just a picture from Boulder's Pearl Street - a pedestrian mall where there are tons of boutiques and art galleries and fun restaurants.

Okay! Think that about covers it (if you're still reading the novel!)......stay tuned for family pics in the next couple days. I have to get them posted before I go home again next weekend for Erika's wedding - I am one busy girl!! But can't let the blog suffer :)


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

erika d. said...

You have way too much fun, Ca. Charge up that camera battery for some fun pics in MO with me!

April said...

Love all of these pics! Especially the first one of you and Mike....really good one and you're right...it's classic Mike Apostle!

Jake and Liz said...

My gosh...do you ever stop??? I'm just exhausted from reading about all your excitement!!! Looks like a ton of fun though...see you next weekend:)

The Peterson family said...

what fun times you have been having, jess. AND I am sooo jealous that you are getting that many trips to the mid west. I am craving a trip home, but i can't do it under $850 right now... really stinks!!!
Post some good pics for me.

Natalie "The Pampered Mom" said...

Jess ... thanks for all of your sweet comments! The day turned out amazing! I will post pictures as soon as I get them, but for now there is a slideshow on thesilverlining.blogspot.com

Hope all is well!

Liz said...

You are busy! I am so happy to see you two weekends in a row. That is how it should be always :)

Anonymous said...

love all the pictures!! you are a blog superstar!! love yoU!

Anonymous said...

I miss me some Apostles. The A-team rocks!