Liz has a great new dress-making business, and she brought dresses for the girls. This is the back of Laney's. They are SO sweet!! And very comfy for three really active babies!
One of my favorite pictures of April and Ella.
My sister's cat Truman was clearly not amused by all the children invading his house. His ears convey his feelings :) He was very tolerant of all the screeching and hair-pulling though!
The mommas and their babies. This is the 97th attempt to get a picture with all six looking at the camera. It almost worked :)
And now - on to the birthday party!!
Fifty of Liz and Josh's favorite friends and family piled into their house to celebrate Laney's first birthday! It was loud and chaotic and completely fun. Elena got to have her first taste of yummy cake too, and she was very excited about it.
Some of my favorite people on earth! Laney, Dad, Charlie, Ruthie, Aunt Yaya, Mom. Love them.
Another family shot with Grandma De. It was such a blessing to get to see my grandparents this weekend! They came in town for the birthday festivities.
The Looten Family - love Elena's face in this picture.Ruth and I enjoyed some serious shop-o-rama. This lovely self portrait is right inside the Old Navy store, after being caught in an absolute monsoon downpour on the way out of Target. We were seriously soaked head to toe, and I was soooo glad I'd spent so long straightening my hair that morning!!! Love the Missouri humidity. Why bother with a straightener?!
The Price sisters plus a Looten after church.
I had a great weekend with my family and friends this trip home. We laughed a ton, and just really celebrated our lives with Laney Bear. She was for sure the star of the weekend!! She's not even my child, but I can't imagine life without her.

9 comments:
This is a great post! We had so much fun, too. I am so glad we were able to come hang out :)
Laney looks like she had a great time at her party. She is so beautiful :)
And seriously, could you be any cuter? I LOVE your gray turtleneck thing you have on after church. It is so cute...you are so stylish :) Can't wait to see the next post! Love you!
You caught AWESOME pics of the girls!! So fun that you got to be home both weekends. I'm dying to see post #2!!!
Great weekend!
-Mom
first of all, love the pictures! really...not even one picture too many! perfect!
i love this one and can't wait for the next post!!
Oh my gosh!! I am so excited for weekend #2!! Party pics coming up...what what!! These last 2 weekends have been so much fun. I miss you already. You beach bum :)
Love it!!
how much fun!!! First birthdays are the best!!!
It totally makes sense about Arie Alex looking like me and TIm. I say that about other people's kids all the time. So fun you got to go to Columbia. Don't you love those little dresses that Liz makes?
Oh my gosh Jess, your little niece might just be the cutest little thing ever! FOR REAL!!! And those little dresses those baby girls were sportin',how cute?!?!?! Thanks for the cutie pics, I have had to look at them more than once just to get a smile. :)
Post a Comment