One of the highlights of the vacation for all of us was thanks to Noa's brilliant idea that we take a helicopter tour of the island!! I have always wanted to be in a helicopter, I love the sound of them and I go outside the hospital to watch them land every chance I get. So of course, I was elated when this day's activity was announced!! The boys chose a doors-off chopper to make things more interesting, and because that way it would just be the four of us and a pilot. Much more exciting...we got to ask the pilot questions through our cool little headsets and having the doors off allowed us to get unobstructed views. Great for picture taking...hard on the nerves though for us girls :) Luckily we were well seat-belted, and all was good.
Hampostle post-flight, with our ride!
A beautiful, beautiful waterfall that apparently is illegal to hike in to. You can only view it by air. I think this is the waterfall they used in the movie Jurassic Park, kind of neat!
One of many unbelievable views of the coastline. This was my favorite scenery during the flight.
Seriously, this many waterfalls was not an uncommon sight during the island tour. They are everywhere, and they are amazing! I loved how the clouds shrouded the top of the mountain here.
This is Waimea Canyon, and it's nicknamed the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific" for obvious reasons! It was awesome. Makes me really excited to go see the original Grand Canyon someday. The air was bumpy over this area though, and caused the girls some grief!
Stay tuned for more updates...taking this one day at a time!

6 comments:
Wow! Each picture is more beautiful than the one before.
Mom
Glad you didnt drop your camera out the open door!! Needless to say, it is flipping gorgeous.
um the pic with a bunch of water falls makes me think of water slides...how fun would that be. oh, and i would SO be spazzing as well!
Ok, I have questions---but first, I am so glad you guys got a doors-off ride---the pictures are so worth the spazzing right?
What are the little yellow packs you guys have on in the first pic?
We saw some waterfalls in Belize and actually got to go swimming in one (man I wished I blogged then).
Was Mike pretending to jump out of the ride every other second?
Amazing!! I've always wanted to do the helicopter thing! I am so incredibly jealous you got to go to Hawaii!! J and I have talked about going for our 5 year anniversary..we'll see:) Glad you had a fun exciting reunion with the Hammers!
Post a Comment