Mike and I spent the weekend in Illinois, with my Dad's side of the family. It was the best time we've ever had with my family. Many laughs, hugs, and good conversations were had. We stayed on my grandparents' farm, which was so peaceful and down to earth. It's a good way of life, that's for sure. Here are some of the pictures from the weekend - in totally random order!
Got to visit with Momma Cow and her baby....there were lots of calves, and they were adorable, as all babies truly are!! I loved driving around the cow pasture on the "mule" with my Grandpa and Mike, talking farm life, and getting to see his cattle and my uncle's little piglets!

And oh, of course SHE was a highlight of the trip. My parents and siblings came down for the weekend too, so I got to see 'Lena!! She is getting so big, and is just the smiley-est thing ever. Darling. It was good to get lots of love from my favorite niece. Apparently sticking her tongue out is a new trick!

And so is eating baby food! The sweet potatoes went over well, as you can see!

The whole family, seriously EVERYONE, from my Dad's side came to my grandparents' house Saturday night for dinner. I think someone counted 41 people? And that is just immediate family - my Grandma, Grandpa, their eight kids, and their families. HUGE! It was loud and crowded and hot in the house, but I have never had a better time. It was great to see everyone.

Looking thugtastic. And irresistable!

Got to listen to the John Deeres run. There is nothing that sounds like that in all the world, it is a distinct and powerful sound, and it brought back a flood of childhood memories for me to hear the tractors fire up. It was truly, awesome. One of my favorite things over the weekend was standing in this cold barn with my Grandpa and Mike, listening to the tractors and listening to Grandpa talk about them.

The Chuck Price family!! The whole fam-damily. And my, do I love them!

Gramps, me, Mike, and Grandma.
It was sweet time with them this weekend. I'm so glad we were able to go.

Mike and my cousin Gabe - though he calls us Aunt Jess and Uncle Mike. I guess to a four year old we are not cousins :) Gabe seriously thought Mike hung the moon. And frankly, that feeling went both ways. The two of them had a great time playing together!

Watching the birds - a favorite pasttime of my Gramps. Of course, here he is hollering at the black birds that are taking over his bird feeders. He even went so far as to fire a shotgun round into the tree to get rid of them. "Only in the country," as Mike said! I seriously was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes.

We had a great time. Many memories were made, and they are ones that I will treasure surely for a lifetime. It was a good, and much-needed, visit with family. There is nothing better in all the world.
7 comments:
elena has the LONGEST eyelashes ever. she is going to be such a little flirt! adorable!
my computer wouldn't load all the pictures! bummer! maybe they will tomorrow...
so glad you got to see your family. sounds like it was a great time.
I was just thinking that too about Elena's eyelashes! I laughed thinking about your grandpa firing a round at the birds!! Haha, too bad jon shoots a bb gun at the squirls here (and we are not really in the country...I know that bb guns are not that intimidating though). So glad you had a good weekend. Looked like a blast!
Great weekend!!
-Mom
Big families are the best!!! I am glad you got to go, Jess and break away from work.
Love that your grandpa fires the shot gun at the birds. That's what I am talkin about. TN style!
That is too funny about your gramps shooting a shotgun!! My grandma goes out and bangs two pots together to get the birds out of her trees!! What a life!! Glad you had fun! Isn't the country the BEST:) So quite and peaceful!
I love the pic of Mike and Gabe. Talk about two peas in a pod with their crazy camera faces :)
Glad you had fun with the fam :)
Love this post, looks like such a wonderful time. Being on the farm must be the best feeling, I'm happy you guys had such a great weekend! Great to see the Price family even if only in pics!
Post a Comment