Mike and Noa enjoyed some golf and Coke! They played on base, on a course adjacent to the airstrip where F-15s and cargo planes were taking off and landing!! See the picture of Mike teeing off next to these planes on Julie's blog!
We went out to dinner with a group of their friends - all really great guys and girls who we had a blast hanging out with. This was right before karaoke with all of them! This is just a pic of the boys. Tom, hope you're happy you made it on the BLOG!!
Julie and I got beautiful pedicures, handpainted! I chose snowflakes in honor of my Colorado winter. Julie had cute red circles with silver accents. Again, see Julie's blog for a close up. The place we went was awesome, right on the seawall, and they served this awesome tea while we were pampered!
Mike and Julie teamed up for a screaming rendition of Evanescence, "Bring Me to Life." Needless to say, both of them lost their voice that night. Noa and I stuck to gangster rap. Much easier on the vocal cords!
Our favorite ninjas. It's Japan, so of course they had to wear the headbands. Mike got that giant Coke out of one of the many streetside vending machines. They are literally on every corner, and serve both hot and cold drinks!
Hampostle on Hedo Point, the northernmost tip of the island of Okinawa. It was beautiful there, very windy of course, but the water was a gorgeous blue with lots of green landscape. It was awesome.
Mike and Noa explored the rock cliffs. Julie and I, not so much.
Oh, one of the highlights of our trip - Gunnar and Sadie! They were clearly thrilled to see us, bounding around the house the night we got there. Sadie and I caught up on some much needed snuggling in the big chair under blankets. It was so fun to see them again!
Okay, more to come.....up next are my favorite Japanese things. And then we're on to Tokyo!!

7 comments:
What the heck, you are in freaking Japan right now. Holy crap. I bet you are having so much fun with noa and julie right now. Tell them Hi for me...even though I really dont know them. I feel like we are buddys.
Back from Japan now, actually. We got home Sunday afternoon, after 10 days there.
That's funny, Liz, they always know who I'm talking about when I mention you, too. Julie says she feels like she knows people she hasn't met just b/c I'm always talking about them!
Love the pictures!!! I was laughing SO hard. Nice shirts by the way...
Jess you are adorable with your two-handed chopsticks!
Mike and Jess....you were karaoke rock stars. In this land of the rising sun, big hair, high heels, and kanji, you really brought your "A"-game. It was so great rockin' out to Bon Jovi, "fitty," and of course, Europe, with you two. It's the final countdown! na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na, na-na-na-na-na-na-na!
You are adorable with your chopsticks :) I too love those trees. We should get some here. can I come with you on your next visit?!?
How amazing! I wish I could go to Japan! Thanks for sharing your picturs. Was the language barrier frustrating?
Post a Comment