11.12.2007

Chili Cook-Off

Saturday, Mike and I went to a chili-cook-off. What a great way to spend a November weekend!

It was with the new docs from his group and their families, a way for everyone to finally meet.

Mike of course made flaming hot habanero chili, which surprisingly was consumed by a few brave souls. I stuck with the milder varieties. It was a great time - we just sampled 8 different kinds of homemade chili with all the fixins' and then voted on our favorites! The fellowship was great too, I was thankful to meet a few new faces.

Here, Mike and Sarge prepare the masterpiece. What? Sarge is helping.


All the new docs!


Everyone at the party. Complete with dress up for the kiddos.
What a great group, they are all just so much fun. We had the best time!


Unfortunately, my point-n-shoot digital camera died this month, so there are few pictures from the cook-off. These were taken with my "real" camera, which was just a little cumbersome for carrying around at the party. Looking forward to getting a new point-n-shoot eventually...you take for granted being able to just throw it in your pocket and go!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm..I love chili! Especially on a cold day! Looks like you guys had fun. Tell Mike I would be willing to brave his hot habanero chili! I love spicy food!
Love you!
april

Liz said...

Wow, Love the updates! The one about the ER is a combo of hilarious and sick. Oh dear, bless you for being a nurse...not sure I could handle it. The chili cook off seems like it was a blast. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

bummer about the point and shoot! but great pictures just the same...not really surprised!love the one with sarge!i am sure he was just waiting for a little chili to drop on the floor or lick the pans clean!