10.12.2007

Motown Date

Last night my sweet hubby took me on a date. Not just any date.
We went to see The Temptations, The Coasters and The Platters in concert! No, I'm not joking. It was definitely a trip back in time! And it was actually entertaining, though I'm sure we were the youngest people there by at least 20 years. It's not like that is our ideal date....of course there is a story behind it :)
Mike took care of one of the performers a few nights ago at the hospital, and he returned the next day to give him two tickets to the concert. The guy even called out his name during the show...."Is Dr. Mike in the house?" Mike says he was one of the nicest patients he's taken care of!! We commented several times during the night that it was our most unusual date yet, but one we'll certainly remember and joke about for years!
And now, I'm off to sing a little "Ain't too proud to beg, sweet darlin'..."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am SO jealous!

Tara said...

Haha! That's awesome! Way to go, Dr. Mike! :)

Julie said...

Oh my gosh, I would have loved it. Mom used to play motown all the time when I was growing up. I remember singing along as I would finish my chores.
And, how cool about the shout out!

Anonymous said...

That is such a great story! Way to be, Dr. Mike!

April said...

No way! Sounds like a good time....and one you guys will always remember. Good job, Dr. Mike :)

Liz said...

That is so awesome! I bet you had a ball!

Anonymous said...

YOU DID NOT!!!! Oh my gosh --the temptations!!! aii-yiii -yiii!!!
MOM

Genese said...

I am sure it was fun! I feel sorta culturally ignorant because I am not sure if I have ever heard the temptations??? Probably shouldn't have confessed that.