We started our Alaskan vacation in Anchorage. We flew up a few days before the cruise, to have time to explore a new city. It was great! Here are a few pictures from the beginning of our two weeks!
Reindeer is big in Alaska; you can get reindeer burgers, hot dogs, sausage, you name it. I did try some and it tastes like venison to me. A little too chewy for my liking.
This is us shopping in the downtown Anchorage shops. It was a really cute main street. Weather here was in the 60s, very comfortable after 100 degree Colorado days.
The boys at the top of Flat Top.
Mike and I at one of many resting stops along the hike. The views were amazing the whole way up, and the at the top you had 360 degree views of Cook Inlet and the entire city of Anchorage.
Besides eating reindeer, I got to pet and feed some too and a local "reindeer petting zoo". This one didn't want to be petted - you can see her eyeing the camera kind of crazy.
That pretty much sums up Anchorage for you! We had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to visit again. There was plenty of stuff still left to do; our four days there were packed full and we felt like we barely scratched the surface of this part of Alaska.
Coming up next: we head to Seward to board the ship!

4 comments:
Awesome! But, no thanks on that vertical climb part...you're my girl, Jess! Can't wait to see more pictures.
-Mom and Ruth
Wow...Alaska! That's awesome. I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. By the way...I LOVE that pink flowered bag you have in those pics. VERY cute:) Alaska sounds amazing..but reindeer?? seriously!
You can be that next time, we'll be there!
Loved your description of the ascent to Flat-Top. You're hilarious. Remember when you almost pushed me down the rocks on our little Colorado hike. I screamed...like a man.
Post a Comment