3.14.2006

Pick of the Litter


Well, we are finally getting our furkid!!!

This morning, Mike and Julie and I went down to a little town outside Gainesville to meet a breeder. We had spent the last few days instensely researching local breeders, which can be quite an overwhelming process (think, analysis-paralysis!). After talking to what seemed like hundreds of breeders, from California to North Carolina, we finally found this couple locally (see their website for more info www.fallhammerrotts.com). So we met with them today, and were really impressed. The puppies as you can see are completely adorable, at 6 weeks old. We were able to meet and play with their momma too - the "dam" for you dog enthusiasts! - and she just has the most wonderful temperament. She was content to lean against our legs as long as we kept scratching her ears, even though we were handling her squirmy, squealing puppies. So after a couple hours there, and much discussion all afternoon, we ended our search for Sarge and decided to go with this breeder!!

We go back down in two weeks to actually pick him out (of his littermates) and then down again two days later to bring him home after his health certification!!! We spent all weekend getting ready for him, hoping we'd find him soon! We have the crate all set up with toys and blankets and of course, for those of you who know me, lots of treats!!!

We can't wait to bring our little furball home!! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

potato junk mom said...

And now you know that life has come full circle...Mike..with a dog,wow,I am very impressed with the cuteness of those little guys!!..I know you'll get the perfect one...after all Mike is good at choosing lifetime companions!!!

Julie said...

Woohoo!! It's almost puppy time. Man, I was glad when I got to wash that poo off my arm. Ick! Seriously, I loved going there and of course, you get the "Julie seal of approval" for this breeder (and you know that's hard to come by). Nice work, guys. I can't wait to truly meet this little furball named Sarge.

Traci said...

Congrats. I can't wait to see the one you bring home...