3.11.2006

33:02


I did it! I ran in my first ever 5k (3.1 miles) this morning, finishing at a record time (for me, that is!) of just over 33 minutes. Not great by many standards, but just fine for me given that it's my first race. And I didn't even have to walk!! My friend Jen and I ran together, and it was great company to have. We kept each other motivated and had a great time together. We're already planning our next 5k!


Mike and Noa and several friends from residency ran in the Gate River Run 15k this morning also - Jacksonville's largest sporting event, which draws 15,000 runners every year. Both races are held at the fairgrounds and the courses go through the downtown area which makes for good scenery. They too had a great race and both finished at their personal best time - Julie and I are so proud!!


Not a bad way to spend my birthday morning....more to come on the Big Day later....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely feeling the 5K today... took a couple of ibuprofen when I got up. But it was totally worth it! I had so much fun. Looking forward to our next race... :-)

Jen

-hope you had a good B-day!

potato junk mom said...

Oh honey wow!!! I thought of you all day...wishing I could be there to bake you a cake! I love you happy birthday.!!!!You look so great!

Tara said...

Congrats!! What a great accomplishment!!