

Last night I was surprised with a birthday party* at work! My closest work friends distracted me while they set up an area with a cake, balloons, a 5 pound bag of my favorite Dubble Bubble, beads to wear on my neck, and an energetic round of the Happy Birthday song. I even had patients coming out of rooms congratulating me!! I don't know that my face could've been any redder (I get so embarrassed by public recognition like this). But it really was great to feel so celebrated. And then I walked out of the hospital, and found my car covered in more balloons and streamers and shoe-polish writing. Only to come home to a pile of presents in the middle of my living room -- roped off by my loving but aware-that-I-would-rip-into-them-if-they-weren't husband! He knows me too well.....and the anticipation is killing me, waiting to open them!

I love my husband, I love the friends I work with who keep me sane all those nights, and I love my birthday week!!
*No, it's not my birthday yet - and they knew that - but wanted to celebrate on the only night we'd all be there together!!
2 comments:
Why does the roping off thing not surprise me??? Mike used to rope off entire rooms and booby-trap them with gi joes!!!
You know Jess If anyone deserves gifts and love...it's you!
Post a Comment