5.11.2010

Hilton Head...and More.

Well needless to say, I'm finally getting back to this blog. Sorry y'all have felt so neglected on the Apostle adventures :) Vista Bella has been keeping me real busy so this has taken a backseat to the Today shots & the Biz. Anyway, I'm finally finding a few minutes to update on the latest A-Team happenings. We headed out to Hilton Head at the end of April for a five day vacay, away from all the hustle & bustle of life at home. It was reeeeally relaxing. I purposefully left my laptop at home and took only my camera and two books - both of which I was able to finish just by not {wasting} time on the internet. It was what I needed, no work! Neither of us had been to HH before and we had a great time there. We met our friends Tracey and Ken from here at their timeshare on the beach. Yes, please!

Love these little guys and kind of miss them from our Florida days:

The beach there is hard and flat and perfect for riding a bike along. We did this for hours and hours two days in a row, and to say my behind was a tad sore is an understatement. But it sure was fun! Oh and p.s., I hadn't been on a bike literally in my adult life so it was a little wobbly going at first but of course, like the cliche, I caught up real quick. Now I totally think I need a bike here :) We rode to and from lunch one afternoon, and to a little shopping area. Super fun. Love this guy feeding the birds. Y'all know I would've been out there if I'd thought ahead to bring bread :)

View from the beach of our timeshare. Great location! It was a two bedroom condo basically, with kitchen and living room and huge balcony. We loved having coffee and breakfast in the mornings, and being able to just chill on the couch and watch a movie at night.

Some of the grounds at the resort; beautiful and really peaceful.

We spent one whole day in Savannah GA, which I'd also never been to. Such a cool city, right on the water and with dripping Spanish moss everywhere. I am already begging Mike to take me back there some day for a long weekend, it was GORGEOUS (at least this time of year; I have a sneaking suspicion that like FL, it's bursting with humidity later in the summer). I loved all the cool buildings, and just walking all over for the afternoon.

Of course after lunch I had to get ice cream (it's a vacay fave).

We visited this fountain in Forsyth Park. Really beautiful square, surrounded by trees and quiet despite being in the middle of town.

Meet Tracey & Ken!

One afternoon back in HH, we rode our bikes to lunch at an outdoor cafe here:

Don't mind the WT look I'm sporting ;) After a much-longer-than-anticipated ride, I was H-O-T. The overshirt had to go! Haha!

Okay and now on to much more important things :) Like these super funny pictures of the beasts that I caught last week:

Yes, I know how vicious my dog looks. Maggie is clearly not intimidated by him, though, which is telling of his true personality.

Speed racing around the couch (the Hubs would not approve ;)).

And next Sarge tests the strength of his cervical vertibrae. It's miraculous that he's not paralyzed. But this is one of his usual intimidation tactics with Mags, and clearly it's working...

Also this week I finally got around to planting my front porch pots. I love this time of year! These are practically the only plants I'm able to keep alive and I credit my Aunt Jane with that - she taught me about pruning and planting when we lived in Jax together and every year when I go to Lowe's to get my perennials I think of her. I don't know why I can't keep a houseplant alive, but I manage to water and love these plants through the summer and fall every year! Thanks Jane:) I love all the color they give my front porch and walkway:

Now everyone say a prayer that the six inches of snow that is forecasted tonight (yes, MAY ELEVENTH!) doesn't ruin my little pretty flower babies!! They'll be spending the night in the garage as soon as I can get the Hubs to help me schlep them off the porch.


xoxo, blogworld! Fingers crossed for me staying more on top of this bloggy now :)

5 comments:

Josh and Liz said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Love that you left the laptop at home! And I'm pretty sure Josh does NOT miss the seagulls from FL... remember?! :)

Unknown said...

great post jess..your flowers look gorgeous ! you know how i love flowers...dave and i just finished making two beds in our yard..we used the rocks that grandma hook gave us a couple years ago..do you remember her special rocks she collected throughout the years?...well they have made a beautiful border for our beds. dave did all the heavy work...one bed is all annuals and the other is mostly perennials. flowers are geat therapy for me..you did great :)

Julie said...

Great catch-up blog post. I don't know if you remember, but Noa and I spent our 5th year wedding anniversary in Savannah and LOVED it! It was beautiful and yes, super humid and hot. How crazy that you have snow forecasted for tonight?! Let's hope you don't so that your flower babies can stay outside. Oh, and of course, I love the dog pictures. We all know that Sarge only gives the facade of being vicious.

Miss you!

Katie said...

Don't you love Hilton Head & Savannah? Your photos are beautiful and looks like you had a great vacation!

Benny and Rachel said...

I love Hilton Head!!! It's so beautiful!!