We officially opened the basement last week in coordination with a really fun St Patty's Day party. This is seriously Mike's favorite holiday - he loves anything Irish - so it was perfect timing! We had about twenty people over and had a great evening just hanging out and fully enjoying the amenities of the basement!!
The stocked bar. Still waiting on a few things like the wine rack and liquor display, but so far it's turned out absolutely perfect :) Mike finished the island/bar top just in time for the party and the dark stain is beautiful (on the left in the pic).

Our good buddy Erik from residency flew in for a visit timed with the bar opening. The guys all had a great time catching up!! Don't you love Rob's attire!

We of course loved having the Carpenters over, so glad they could make it. Chuck & Jenn are the sweetest couple!

And my friend Nancy & her husband Doug. She brought the most delish Irish soda bread, warm from the oven. Yes please! Ireland is one of Nancy's favorite places in the world so she was really happy about the Guinness on tap :)



...and pool. Which is by far my favorite part of the basement now. (p.s. Mom look at our spectator chairs in the background. We love them! Thanks!)
And I loved my Irish bling!

I love this picture because it's so true of any party: people congregate in the "kitchen" - which in this case is a bar but seriously, people were squeezed in that little space all night. It's just how it works I guess!




















6 comments:
YES! thanks for blogging this one! love the pics! it was so fun to hang out and see it finally all come together. very exciting!
oh my. we have got to come and visit just to see that awesome bar!!
What a blast! The basement looks great. Looks like Mike has many career options if he decides to give up the Dr gig...carpenter, mason, bartender...
Bar = amazing. Belated Happy St Patty's day. Jess, how about including a couple pics next time ;). favorite one might be Mike working the bar solo. Sweet capture.
Lots about this post I love!!! Tell Mike if the whole doctor thing doesn't pan out I will gladly hire him to work at The Gaf, but we are not allowed to do the shamrock thing in the foam!! (It's in our employee handbook)
The bar looks fantastic and the party looks like so much fun too!!! Miss you guys & don't forget I will bartend for airfare ;)
I think to say that bar is "stocked" was an understatement. Wow! That is amazing. How fun! We totally need to come out and play!!!!
Post a Comment