This year Thanksgiving was spent in Fort Collins as Mike and I both had to work. We are so lucky though to have friends here that are like family, and we hosted a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner on Friday with them! Fifteen people crowded into our home and we celebrated all evening long with wine, good food, and much laughter. We had so much food that at the end of the night every family took a tupperware dish home FULL of their choice of left-overs which was a great way to save Mike and me from eating ourselves into oblivion for the next several days :) Oh and p.s. Rob deep-fried a turkey and I have discovered a new found love for turkey. Mmmm! Anyway, on with the pictures right?
My overflowing plate...
(thanks to Jen for the CUTE place cards)
(thanks to Jen for the CUTE place cards)

We did a little Huntington family photo shoot pre-dinner for their Christmas cards. This was one of my faves:

All the boys minus Rob who had gone home for a pre-work nap. From the left, Patrick (we know him through Rob), Eric (our old roomie Whitney's boyfriend), Mike, Mike, Justin in front, Eliot of course, and Jeff. Good times!
And while most of us I'm sure would have loved to have been spending this holiday with our families in various locations (Indiana, Seattle, New Mexico, Kansas City, Missouri, Florida to name a few!), I know we were all very thankful to be together. We are all so lucky to have found community here to do life with. For these folks, I am thankful this Thanksgiving.




7 comments:
What a great party! I'm so glad you have such good friends there in FoCo!
Great picture of Kate! (I've done that before, too, Kate...we hams will do anything for a laugh!)
Love you all!
Yay! What a good post :) Looks like a great time was had by all. And I LOVE your new blog design!
Glad y'all had a good Thanksgiving....we missed you in Illinois though (especially during Black Friday shopping!!)! :)
P.S. Kate, you're my hero! :)
HAHA!!! what can i say, i am unashamed of my love for condiments in cans. delicious!
great thanksgiving jess! very delicious! :)
Looks like a great time!!! Happy holidays to you guys!
We love you guys and still have fond memories of a grilled cheese Thanksgiving in Okinawa :) Although Rob's Deep Fried Turkey sounds hard to beat.
You are so cute and I miss you. Thats all I have to say about that.
Post a Comment