3.05.2009

My Early Birthday Present!

I got my early birthday present yesterday! Mike built me a pergola!!

It was something I'd been talking about since we moved into this house, and late last year I decided that it would be a perfect birthday present. He was totally up for the job, and he made it happen all in one day.....and a huge thank you to his buddy Randy for coming over and helping for the twelve hours it took them to put it up.

Here's the before. Please note Sarge is peeking out the curtain :) He's such a great helper.

Rob and Mike work the auger to dig three foot holes for the concrete supports.
Sarge, again, being very helpful by picking up the trash in the yard.

Randy and Mike get to work! Randy's sweet wife Tanya came over for awhile too, to help. We were the ladder-holders :) I still can't believe they busted the whole thing out in ONE DAY! It was so much work.
The finished product!
I woke up to this little present this morning! They finished long after I'd gone to bed, so this was my first glimpse of it. It's freaking awesome. I seriously love having a husband who can build me a present!

Thanks, buddy for making this happen.
Happy Birthday to me :)

12 comments:

Carol said...

It's beautiful! I LOVE pergolas, too. Happy birthday!

-Mom

Josh and Liz said...

VERY cool! Does he want to come build me one, too? :)

Happy birthday early- will bring presents in TWO WEEKS!!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I had to google pergola when I first saw it on FB...not to up on my homeowner lingo. You are very lucky to have such a handy husband, I can't believe they did it in one day! I bet you can't wait to decorate it and flower it up this spring! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...makes the house look so finished too! And I love Sarge's nosing into the first pic!
Yaya

April said...

I didn't even know what a pergola was! It looks so great!!

Liz said...

Wow! How cool! What a sweet gift. I love having a man that can make things too.

Marri said...

Happy Birthday EArly Sis!!

potato junk mom said...

Yes he IS an amazing guy...but then- he has an amazing gal to do things for. Happy Birthday soon! Will you be putting something purply on that pergola?????Hmmmm??MommaT

Jake and Liz said...

wow, that looks really good!!! what a great present. hats off to the hubs. Happy birthday dear friend:)

Anonymous said...

okay the second to last picture...if you blow it up, sarge is staring straight into the camera with his underbite. HAHA!!!

it looks great. so glad you got such a cool gift for your birthday!

Beck said...

That is a DAMN fine husband to build you a birthday gift! Don't you love being married to a manly man? Happy birthday, my love!

Cody said...

Love LOVE the pergola! That looks professional, I'm impressed. Handy guy to keep around, Jess! And Happy Birthday!!!