3.26.2009

The Fam Visits! Part 2

Here is Part 2 of the family visit!

These first two pictures are from Charlie's phone - it takes panoramic views!! How awesome. The first shot is from the top of Horsetooth. The second is from our hike on Devil's Backbone. Very cool.


This is what it looked like this morning when we woke up. Hello! It's a blizzard here, and it was 70 degrees this weekend on our hike. What in the world. Needless to say, I was totally depresso that the fam had to leave a few hours early to get a head start on the storm! Oh well - it is really pretty outside today.

Snuggling with Laney by the fire, with coffee and in our jammies still. Mornings were my favorite part this week, just relaxing together - talking with my Mom, or snuggling with Elena before she woke up completely, or chasing Sarge around. Really sweet time.

Another shot of us enjoying the new patio furniture. LOVE to make s'mores!

All the girls got pedis this week! Even Elena, who sat very still for hers. She was fascinated by what the lady was doing to my feet, sitting on my lap in the pedi chair!

While the big girls dried their toes, Laney took over the rolling chair.

Ruth, Liz and Mom relaxing.

Laney getting her pedi.

Shopping in the downtown part of Estes. Lots of cute shops and candy stores!

Case in point, Laney enjoys part of my caramel apple. She was absolutely covered in stickiness afterwards but it kept her entertained for an hour while we browsed, so it was totally worth the mess :)

The official family portrait from the week, outside Rocky Mountain National Park.

Sisters and beloved toddler on an overlook in RMNP.

Another picture of the whole fam-damily in RMNP. It was freezing up there!

Self portrait with the baby! Sporting one of her many new outfits from the Carter's outlet.

One night we went out to eat at our favorite bbq place, Nordy's, and Uncle Mike won Laney over big time by tiding her over with bbq sauce on her binky!! She would suck it off, then hand her bink to him and say "more!" :)

"Helping" me in my office one afternoon. How can you resist that grin? I'd give her the world!

My siblings and me overlooking Fort Collins on Horsetooth Rock. A long, tiring 5 mile hike - but SUCH cool views.

The Apostle fam on Horsetooth.

Charlie and Laney reading books. They are so cute! I love how she calls him "Charla."

The Looten family near Devil's Backbone. Laney wasn't too sure of the backpack, but she did love being outside!


So that's it! What a stinkin' fun week we had together. Best time ever, seriously. I loved hearing Elena say all of our names - "Muck, Jesh, Sarsh, Mama, Dadda, Charla, Roof, Gabbah (Grandma) and Cake (Kate)" - SUPER cute!! We laughed so much this week, and more than a few tears were shed upon them leaving to go home this morning :) But I wouldn't have changed a thing.....it was our best time with my family yet. As Mike and I love to say, "it just keeps getting better." The same holds true for my fam. Love you guys. THANK YOU for coming out to see us!

9 comments:

Jake and Liz said...

Wow, such great pictures!!! What a fun time with your family!! How fun that you get to show them your world! And as I said on facebook, you look pretty good with a baby on your hip!!

Carol said...

We had a wonderful time! Thank you for being such gracious hosts. You really know how to make the most of a visit! The trip home went really well, but today I feel like I've been run over by a blue mini-van! Love you all!

-Mom

dratliffe said...

Looks wonderful! Boy you all cram a lot of activities in! I'm sure they can't wait to come back for another visit!

Marri said...

Haven't read prt 1 yet, but I am so glad your family came out for a visit!!! Love Laney's toes, and the BBQ sauce on the binky --that's my brother, and she calls Kate, Cake...Hilarious!!

Liz said...

Ok, the whole time I was reading this I kept thinking "how come I have seen some pics from this trip, but they were different...were they on facebook?" Then I finished and realized that I had read part one, and this was part two. I am a smartie :) Looked like a blast!! Glad you had some family time. I am sure you miss them terribly though :( Love you!

April said...

The pic of all the pedicured feet with Laney's little feet in there was precious!! Loved all the pics, of course the ones with her in it were my favorite! Glad you had so much fun with your fam :)

potato junk mom said...

Oh that little one is the cutest!!! Glad you finally got to have your family out. I know you must have been so proud to show your momma the sights!Great pictures.We got that snow too and two days later it was 60 degrees..crazy eh?

Anonymous said...

such a blast! loved all the pictures and was super happy i got to partake in some of the festivities! love you prices!!

ps maggie is over here right now and totally making cricket noises. figured you would appreciate that!

Carol said...

Kate--

We Prices love you, too! I wish you could have taken the whole week off, too...we didn't get to see you as much as we wanted!