Best family time ever.
I think that describes our last week here in FoCoCo!
My family (minus Dad) came out for a long week over their spring break and we tore up the town, jamming as much as we could into each day they were here. We are all exhausted, I think, but I could not have imagined sweeter time with them all. I'm a bit sad today, as they just left, but am so grateful for all the uninterrupted family time. It was their first visit out to CO since we've lived here, and I think it's safe to say they'll be back soon :)
So here is Part 1 of the photo explosion (831 total pictures between three cameras, WHEW!). These are just Ruthie's shots....so stay tuned for a bunch more from my camera, and Charlie's.
I think that describes our last week here in FoCoCo!
My family (minus Dad) came out for a long week over their spring break and we tore up the town, jamming as much as we could into each day they were here. We are all exhausted, I think, but I could not have imagined sweeter time with them all. I'm a bit sad today, as they just left, but am so grateful for all the uninterrupted family time. It was their first visit out to CO since we've lived here, and I think it's safe to say they'll be back soon :)
So here is Part 1 of the photo explosion (831 total pictures between three cameras, WHEW!). These are just Ruthie's shots....so stay tuned for a bunch more from my camera, and Charlie's.
What is vacation without hair dying?! Ruth and Liz after some new highlights.
Enjoying our new firepit! We made yummy s'mores. Had to bundle up, as the spring storm front was moving in last night (we currently have about six inches of snow on the ground and it's still coming down hard - love it!). Laney was quite taken with the marshmallows, grahams, and of course - the chocolate!
Laney and I having some couch time. She's holding her "Sarge" - a rottie stuffed animal. When I first held it up for her in the store she said "Sarge!" right away. She's very intuitive. She's been bossing her toy version around, I guess she's overheard some of me :)
Laney helped herself to some of my office supplies, and thought this paper clip thing made a good barrette. She looks like Pebbles!
Elena loves her new sandals. Will be great for keeping the little piggies cool all summer. She walked funny in them though, which was hilarious.
There was lots (LOTS) of lolling about this week - my fave. I love how there are four laptops out in this picture.
A little view of our outlet shopping experience. It was a great day! The boys enjoyed some Buffalo Wild Wings and a shoot-em-up movie instead.
We celebrated Josh's and my birthday with cupcakes from where else but the Butter Cream Cupcakery on Sunday - his had 28 candles shoved onto it, was nearly a fire hazzard but very funny.
Playing airplane with the favorite niece. Please note the unloaded purse in the background - it was Laney's favorite entertainment of the week. Aunt Jess has lots of cool stuff in her bag! :)
The view from the top of Horsetooth Rock, which the grown-ups (minus Mom) hiked Sunday afternoon. Well worth the work to get up there. It was a beautiful 70 degress and sunny, and the panoramic views were awesome.
Bathing beauty. She loved the giant bathtub and the "bath toys" - spatulas splash lots of water around!
3 comments:
This is such a great post, I LOVE your family!!! GREAT pictures of everyone. Looks like you guys had such such a great time, I can't wait to see the next post!
I love how Mom is holding a coat in front of her face so as not to be in the picture in the cold RMNP pic! Of course, I'm ducked down behind the other seat, so I can't really make fun of her! Had an absolute blast hanging out with you guys... you are wonderful hosts, and we miss you already! Love you!
Love all the pics, the laptop one cracks me up!! Looks like a great time with your family!
Oh, that smores before shot belongs in cookbook!! Who took that pic?!
Post a Comment