2.23.2009

Houston Girls Weekend

What a great weekend I had!! Brandi, Shellie and I decided about a month ago that we were long overdue for a girls' trip - especially since the guys are taking a trip to Vegas in March :) So we started talking and figured that Houston was a good option since Brandi's sister lives there, and off we went! We had an absolute blast, just hanging out and shopping and having some drinks at night.....much needed time away from work and busyness for all of us. We got down there Friday night in time for dinner and left Sunday evening and really it was the perfect amount of time. So here are some of our fun pictures - I played paparazzi as usual so we'd have photos to remember all our fun by :) And we decided on the way home that this needs to become an annual tradition!!

Lovin' the Target sunglasses aisle.

Outside Chuy's - a delicious Mexican restaurant. Houston must be famous for Tex-Mex because it's everywhere! We ate Mexican twice while we were there and I definitely could have had more! I love it :)

Relaxing at DeeDee's apartment one evening - it was so great to have a home to stay in, and not a hotel! We did lots of lolling about, talking. Definitely all girls' time!

This was at Sky Bar Saturday night, it's in a high rise building and overlooks downtown Houston. Very cool! They had live music and it was really fun.

On the outside patio at Sky Bar.

DeeDee and Brandi - they are SO cute and we had such a blast with D. She fits right in! We worked on trying to convince her to move to Colorado :)

Shellie, me and Brandi at Sky Bar again.

Out to dinner one night at a fun Italian restaurant, also with live music. This is also a big thing in Houston, apparently, and we loved it! Great atmosphere.
More lolling about. We did a lot of this, sitting on the couch talking and hanging out. I love these girls!!

Shellie experiencing her FIRST Firehouse sub!! This was our very favorite sub place in Jacksonville, so imagine my joy at hearing they have them in Houston! I haven't had one since we left, and was seriously missing them. Also, loved getting to sit outside on the patio in February. There are some major things I miss about living in the south :)
My girls on the plane. How much fun was it to travel with friends!!!


And a DEFINITE highlight of my trip - getting to catch up with my dear friend Ranelle for a couple hours at Starbucks on Sunday afternoon. It was perfect, and we really could not believe how long it had been since we last saw each other (four years!).......we talked a million miles a second of course, and I could have sat there for 17 more hours. I miss her even more now having gotten to sit for a few minutes with her. She's the best.
Shellie and I modeling our new sunglasses.
Me and Brandi over dinner....Mexican again! :) I never get tired of guacamole.
And our Houston crew again that night for Mexican...love them. I think we laughed til our stomachs hurt all weekend.


So that's the picture update. Not featured in photos was our shopping extravaganza (hello, Anthropologie & IKEA!), our pedicures, our mornings drinking coffee on the couch, our beautiful Chevy Cobalt rental, the pair of Target sales rack shoes we all FOUR bought, and our search to find Sprinkles - which doesn't get to Houston til Spring of course. We packed the weekend full, and it was a blast. Already looking forward to the Second Annual Girls Trip!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

The Peterson family said...

omylands... i have so much to comment on. first of all, what a fun idea to get away for a girls weekend. and to see ranelle... she hasn't changed!!! that is one of my favorite pictures to see her again. i wish i could have jumped in that conversation. how is she???
and... firehouse subs. we have one of those and i have never been, but always wondered if it was good. now we will have to try it out! :). you and your beautiful friends look like you had a fun time.

Jake and Liz said...

Wow!! how much fun:) And oh my goodness, I miss Ranelle!!! I bet it was awesome to just catch up with her. Love the new sunglasses with the little diamonds on the edges...very cute! miss you:)

Marri said...

Your new sunglasses look like the ones I wore at my wedding. LOVE 'em!! Looks like a blast of a trip, so glad you had a girls weekend!
Pedis, TexMex, & lolling --all with buds; Awesome!!
Loves & misses,
Mar

Liz said...

How fun!!! I deffinately need one of those girls weekends! I saw on facebook that Ranelle got to see you, and I wondered how. What a great time!

Julie said...

Girl times = good times!

Glad you got to get away for the weekend and spend some time chilling and shopping (I'm jealous!). I've never been to Houston, so it's fun to see what's out there. Tell your girls I said hi. And what a treat to see your pal, Ranelle. Girl, you have so many friends in all corners of the globe!

Anonymous said...

Looks like such fun! It reminded me of our trip last February to Austin to visit the Hoods, they should be having their baby boy any day now. Texas is fun! And you know I love the sunglasses, the bigger the better!