12.31.2008

An Apostle Christmas

Our little family had a great Christmas together in FoCoCo! Kate, Mike, Sarge and I were all really blessed by our treats from each other and had a great time laughing and opening presents and celebrating together.

Mike and I bought a tv together for our joint Christmas gift (thank you Black Friday deals!!) so we just exchanged stockings on Christmas Day - which was really fun, and might be our new tradition (joint gifts). We had a spending limit on the stockings, which made it even more fun to find good deals.

The next morning we opened presents from Kate and gave presents to Kate and Sarge and we really had a fun morning.

Thanks to Picasa, these photos aren't in chronological order, which really stressed the little bit of Type A personality I have but oh well :)

Sarge and Kate's stuffed stockings await!


Displaying my AWESOME new wallet and "sereni-tea" mug from Kateums. We always say "serenity now!" so I loved the reference in the mug. I may or may not have "helped" pick out my new wallet during Black Friday extravaganza, so I acted surprised!!

Sarge and Kate with the ornament "he" gave her - we are really sad that she's moving out in January and this was Sarge's way of saying "thanks for being a great Aunt!" :) Actually, we're totally excited for this opportunity for Kate to have a cool new roommate and a fun, first apartment on her own! And she's just down the road in Fort Collins, so it's not like we'll never see her!!

Kate displaying the awesome new stemless wine glasses and cool wine bottle opener we got her. She's moving out and needs her own stuff to entertain with! And please note the crazy fun cross-stitch chicken pajama pants too, in the background....thanks Old Navy!!


Sarge "helping" open his presents. He made out like a bandit! Spoiled little puppers.
Yay! A new singing rattle snake toy!

Exhausted from all the excitement.


And now on to the Senior Apostles Christmas :)

Here's my stocking displayed - hello, I'm not sure the gigantic box fits in the stocking. But he stayed in budget so technically it still "fit" in the stocking!



And here's Mike's stocking. Also overflowing onto the hearth.

YAY! An awesome new coffee pot! Usually would be way out of our stocking budget, but thanks to Linens-N-Things going out of business, he scored it for 75 percent off!! Are you joking? It's so cool - grinds its own beans fresh for every pot and everything. I love it. Pretty sure I shreiked really loud upon opening it - my old Mr Coffee pot was circling the drain but I couldn't bear to pay full price for a new one. Love my bargain-shopping Hubs!


So there's the rest of our Merry Christmas 2008. Well, until next week when I go home and celebrate Price Family style. Gotta love dragging out the holidays and gift-giving!! :)


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I'm the first to leave a comment...what pressure! Looks like a very cozy fun Christmas. Nice job on the stockings, that's a great coffee pot! Happy New Year and have fun with your family next week!

April said...

Yay! I love your new coffee pot...it is gorgeous! And Sarge is so sweet. I like the one where he is sitting beside you like such a good boy, just waiting to open his presents :) So glad you guys had a good Christmas! Can't wait to see you!!

Beck said...

You're gonna love your new coffee pot! Cuisinart is the greatest.

Brian and Amanda said...

I'm so excited for your new coffee pot!! What a great gift!! Is Sarge's snake that same one we saw in Keystone that was a little awkward? Haha!! I hope so!

Liz said...

Hey! Come home to me!!! Looks like fun! I will miss seeing Kate in all your blogs. Sounds like a fun adventure for her though. Yea that she is staying in FoCoCo!

Marri said...

Looks like so much fun! I misses you guys!

potato junk mom said...

Oh! Nothing says Merry Christmas like a new coffee pot...right Kate? Sorry your old one went to the happy huntimg grounds. Miss that beautiful warm living room! Tree is georgeous!Glad you had good holidays..Mother Trish