We had Mike's going-away-again party last week, and it was a great time hanging out with our closest friends here. We had about 50 people crammed into the Morales' home (thanks again for opening it up, guys!) for the evening for burgers and beer and good conversation. Mike was at his finest, running around being social and laughing. We had a blast, though it's always bittersweet because we understand too well the reason for the gathering!
He left this weekend, so Kate and I are on our own for the summer. We will keep you updated on his plans for this deployment.......at this point it is looking like Germany for a few weeks and then on to Iraq. Keep us both in your prayers!

11 comments:
I am sorry to hear that he is being deployed. That must be really hard, many thoughts and prayers coming your way.
What a nice party! You guys are really blessed to have such good friends. It's good that you have Kate with you so you won't be quite as lonely. Of course we will pray for both of you!
Mike--we're very thankful that you are so willing to serve our country this way!! Love you both!
Mom (Carol)
Thoughts and prayers with you both. Take care.
We love you guys! We'll be saying lots of prayers for you both. Mike, thank you for serving our country :)
Thanks Bro---
for going and all :(
Oh, and Jess....LOVE your red top!!
I'm so glad you got to have a fun going away party. You were smokin' hot!!
i feel like this party was more SA-WEEEEEET than bitter, so that's good thing! i love you both!!
Thanks Mike, and Jess, for both of your sacrifices for our country's freedom. I appreciate it deeply!
You both are in our prayers! Jess, I would love your address to send you a little invitiation :) you can email it to me. nataliewindett@hotmail.com
I will pray for you. Dene's husband was in Afghanistan for five months. I think he gets back next week.
Post a Comment