2.12.2008

Things I Love...and Don't

Happy Valentine's Week!


In honor of the "love" holiday....here are 25 things I love in life!


  1. coffee in the morning, while at my desk reading or checking email
  2. when Sarge is really worn out, and being mellow

  3. the way my comforter feels in the winter, heavy and warm

  4. going to bed at the same time as my hubs - rare, because he works nights

  5. scrambled eggs with lots of cheese

  6. having my windows open in the spring
  7. hiking on trails with Sarge, my girlfriends and their dogs

  8. sitting in my Mom's kitchen talking

  9. the way aspen trees sound when their leaves rustle

  10. the feeling after a good, hard workout
  11. the excitement of landing on an airplane when someone is waiting for you inside

  12. a good, long catch-up phone call

  13. shopping for house stuff with Julie

  14. sitting in a big corner booth, at a fun restaurant, with lots of friends

  15. the way newly vacuumed carpet looks
  16. laying out on a beach with a People magazine and a good friend

  17. what it feels like to love someone else's baby as your own

  18. laughter that makes you cry, and your stomach hurt
  19. checking email and having lots of new messages

  20. having a house full of visitors
  21. taking a really good photograph and it making someone smile

  22. celebrating anniversaries with Mike

  23. becoming an Aunt for the first time
  24. days where you drive with the windows down, and the radio up loud
  25. hugging someone you haven't seen in a long time

And, just for fun, 5 things I don't love :)


1. flashing blue lights in your rearview mirror

2. going to the post office

3. the couple of hours before I have to go to work, I just sit around and dread it!

4. pooper-scooping the back yard

5. mushrooms



Hope your "Love Week" is great!!

6 comments:

Liz said...

I love that you love all the things you love. That is so sweet. How did you think of all of those? I think it would take me a year to think of 25 things. I mean, I could think of 25 things I love...but I feel like your list was well thought out. Oh, and your 5 things you dont love cracks me up. I still call mushrooms "mushrats" because of you. Muaah! By the way, #26 should be Liz!

The Peterson family said...

Jess, I loved reading about all of your loves. What a sweet idea for love week. My fav was sitting in a corner booth and catching up... or freshly vacuumed carpet. I may have to try and make a list soon. :)

Happy Love Week!!

Anonymous said...

so stinking innovative! you are so clever. cannot wait to do my favs!

Marri said...

I will trade poop-scooping duties for lodging anytime!

Bailey Mohr said...

I love the the one when your plane lands and someone is waiting for you inside.

3 Girls and a Guy said...

yes, this blogging stuff is way too fun! I like the one about the way the aspen trees sound on your list...i love that too.