1.30.2008

My Hubs

MY HUSBAND....and me :)

What is his name? Mike

How long have you been together? Met six years ago, married for five this fall.

How long did you date? Nine months to the day, then engaged for a year.

How old his he? Turns 32 this year. Married an older man!
Who eats more? Usually him....unless it's a potato dish, then me! I can't stop myself :)

Who said I love you first? He did, and I still remember the day!
Who is taller? Mike, by a few inches. I have always loved how I fit under his arm.

Who can sing better? Me :)

Who does the laundry? That's me - we have certain "roles" worked out...I do laundry, he does the dishwasher unloading, etc.

Who pays the bills? Definitely him - if it were up to me we'd be a mess!!

Who sleeps in the right side? me

Who mows the lawn? Mike for sure - we had a great argument one day about lawn mowing and I haven't mowed since!!

Who cooks dinner? Whichever restaurant we're at!! Or Mike, if we eat at home. Though I make a mean box of Kraft macaroni and cheese!

Who drives? Usually him, around town. Definitely him when we're road-tripping. I prefer the front seat nap method for getting across the country :)

Who is more stubborn? Tough call - we can both be pretty hard-headed. But probably he wins this one.

Who kissed who first? He kissed me first - on a beach in California.

Who asked who out first? I asked for his number first, from my friend who introduced us. Our first "date" was with a group of people, ice skating!

Who proposed? He did! What a sweet memory!

Who has more friends? I am one social butterfly, definitely me. He actually has a lot of friends for being a guy and all, though. He's super outgoing and makes friends easily, though I think I keep in closer contact with more friends in general.

Who is more sensitive? Oh, gosh - ME. I am very sensitive, but he puts up with me incredibly well and is very good to me even when I'm making him crazy with all the tears and emotional rationalizing :) He is very black and white; I am very gray. He is logic-based; I am strictly feeling-based. Surprisingly, though, we are a great match and balance each other well and have learned a TON about healthy communication since we are so different.
Who has more siblings? He does - five sisters and one brother, to my two sisters and one brother. I love our big families!!

Who wears the pants? We have a very healthy balance. He is definitely the leader of our little family, and I trust him and work hard to respect and submit to his leadership. We make decisions together though, we are a great team and I think that shows more than anything.

Thanks, Brooke, for the fun idea!
For my fellow bloggers......tell us about your Hubs!!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

April said...

Mike is such a good guy :) He has a pretty good wife, though too!!
Love the post!!

Marri said...

I love that, it is so sweet! I got ya beat though...my hubs is 34!

Anonymous said...

cute little quiz! very fun. i think i remember the lawn mowing ... discussion.

The Peterson family said...

jess- I loved reading about you guys. It is cute to see who does what in a couple. :)

Jake and Liz said...

you guys are so cute!! I can't believe you all have been married for five years already...crazy! Many more years to come, I'm sure:) Glad you so happy!

mindi said...

That is so cool - I think I might do something like that on my blog!
Love the pic of the two of you - you look fantastic together!!