3.27.2006

The Blue Male


Well, we found him. After three hours today spent handling and playing with six male puppies at the breeder's, we found our Sarge. He was the little guy with the blue collar on....the first one we picked up out of the pen to take to a separate area for playing. Even after spending time with the other five pups, we still couldn't shake something about him. He was the most attentive puppy, following us when we walked away from the group and coming towards us when called (okay, after being mildly distracted by vicious leaves on the ground!). He played energetically, but calmly accepted us handling his feet and ears and teeth. His temperament was just awesome. We go back in a couple days to bring him home - I can't wait!!

I think I'm in love already with this little guy.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

potato junk mom said...

Okay...I can't stand it!!! I have to kiss that sweet little face all over..and I don't mean yours Mike...Grandma's comin' honey!!!!!1

Anonymous said...

Cutest little bear I've ever seen. Congratulations!!! -Noa

Anonymous said...

Jess and Mike! I love him! How sweet! So glad you now have your first baby together! Congrats! I'll be thinking of you...(no eating heels, no peeing in the house...paws off the homework kid!)

Anonymous said...

He's sooo cute!! I've been dog-crazy lately: similar to baby-crazy but more accepted by Mike. Anyway, call me when you get him! I MUST hold him!! :)

Congrats!
Jen

Julie said...

Sarge looks so cute and sounds like he has a super personality. I can't wait to welcome him to his new home with you.

Sounded like puppy-heaven today!

Anonymous said...

He is TOOOOOO precious!! I am Julie's friend Bettina with the 2 iggies (Louie and Maya)! I have been keeping up with your puppy search through Julie and was happy to hear you finally found your guy! He is just darling! CONGRATS!!