So I was surprised to walk out of our bedroom Tuesday morning and find a pot of hyacinths fully in bloom (along with the card)! For those of you who don't know what hyacinths are (apparently they don't do well in Florida's sandy soil), they are incredibly fragrant, delicate flowers that I just absolutely love. I have looked for them since I've moved here, now having a yard of my own in which to plant flowers. I haven't been able to find them until recently, when Julie found a box of the bulbs for me, and then Mike gave me these. I think I stuck my nose in the blooms for a good 60 seconds!!It made me realize that it's the little things in our marriage that mean the most...the way he gets up at 4am to get me a heating pad when I'm not feeling good; how he pays for my Starbucks drink with his own allowance; when he brings me coffee in bed to wake me up for work; letting me wake him up for snuggles when I come home in the early morning; knowing my favorite flowers and finding them for me. I am the luckiest girl.
Now that's something worth celebrating, no matter what day of the year it is!
5 comments:
Kudos to Mike for the sweet gift!
What I wanna know is when is he going to pay for my coffee? Ha ha - just joking....sorta....:)
Mike bought be a coke the very next day...this guy just doesn't stop.
Does he give lessons? Can I sign Chris up?
well all I can say is it is great to be the mom of Mike...but it also fantastic to be the mom in law of Jess...hoe DID I get so blessed?
and as you see I cannot spell
Post a Comment