8.27.2014

Nebraska or Bust.

A couple weeks into July, Jen & I decided it would be a *fun* idea to take our three kiddos for a weekend road trip to see our friends in Nebraska.  While there was a bit of stress related to three kids under five in the car for six hours each way in a three day period - haha - we are so glad we went for it!  It had been far too long since we'd seen our sweet friend Shellie and her family. 

Brady says goodbye to Windsor as we head over to Jen's to pick them up.

Loaded up and ready to roll!  Brady isn't so sure about the accommodations.

Sodie break in nowhere-ville Nebraska: check!

Burning energy halfway there!  Where's the wine for the mamas?!  We were somewhat regretting our choice to drive at this point...the kiddos were stir crazy and rather animal-like.  Running around a little helped.  But then we still had to get back in the car.  Hopeful for naps!

First thing Brady did when we arrived was confiscate someone's Nebraska Huskers hat.
Take that thing off, baby!!!  #mizzouforlife

Bathtime for babies!  Ayla has no idea she's about to get water dumped on her head by her little friend.

While the babies napped every afternoon, the mamas sat in the shade and drank "red beer" - tomato juice and really cheap beer.  I'm not a beer fan but I have to say, I like these!  It was so nice to relax every afternoon together.

Nebraska in July = shirtless for the kiddos.  SO. HOT.

Jen, Shellie & I have been friends since 2007 and have been through so many stages of life together.  Being mamas together has been my absolute favorite!  I love talking life with these girls, laughing together about the hard days and celebrating all the milestones.  The littles are 5, 3, and three 2 year olds all a month apart.  They all had so much fun playing together!!

Eliot teaching Brady how the big boys play.

My sweet friends!

Brady's sweaty little forehead would accurately describe how dang hot we all were.  Thank goodness for a great pool near them that we used both days!!

Monday morning, time to head back home to CO.  Capri Suns x3, check!

Our little traveling crew at the pit stop on the way home.  Cora is in only a diaper after she had a major diaper blow out in her carseat.  Which makes a road trip just awesome!!! :)  Still, I can say, it was totally worth the trip.  We can't wait to make this an annual summer tradition!

No comments: