Summer is here, and I am in love. I don't think anywhere does early summer the way Colorado does! The grass is more green than I can describe, the mornings are cool, the light is sooo pretty in the mornings & at sunset. I seriously LOVE May & June here. By end of July & through August the temps are in the 90s and the yard starts burning in spots and the dry oven-like heat is almost oppressive, so don't ask me then if I like summer. But right now, I'm in love.
The other morning, about a week before Bubs turned two - I got my camera out for the first time in WAY too long. I used my camera for work for so long that it became a chore, but nothing compares to the quality of pics I'm able to get on it versus my iPhone, so I'm determined to use it a little more often. I've been keeping it sitting out on my desk instead of tucked away to remind me to pick it up, even if it's just to capture Brady in his pj's in the morning. I think the Me in 20 years (or even one year) will be thankful.
This is a pretty typical morning for us right now at this stage. B doesn't always play on the iPad first thing in the morning, but if I'm not able to wake up before him and have my first solitary cup of coffee, I use it to keep the house a little quiet for a few minutes while mama wakes up. He has a few alphabet games he likes, as well as YouTube videos on garbage trucks collecting trash. Like, real garbage trucks filmed by Henry Homeowners I guess. It's really kind of weird, but oh my gosh he loves it and talks about what they're doing and tells me if someone knocks a trash can over or if the brakes squeal. Whatevs. He loves it and I guess I like weird things too sometimes so I let him enjoy it!
After a bit, we almost always head out back in the morning. The sun is blazing already but it's not hot out. Brady LOVES to play in the yard and I love to watch him putter around - especially if he's still in his jammies, with gum boots & a hat on.
ALWAYS throwing things. It's a constant for him.
He loves to help mama water the garden & flower pots with his little watering can.
I love our summer mornings together.











No comments:
Post a Comment