8.16.2013

More visitors to Colorado!


We hear it all the time : "you're crazy" for having so many visitors to our home.  But the truth is, we really love having a full house.  Maybe it's because we both grew up in large families where the noise & the mess & the general chaos that is a full house, was actually comfortable.  That still feels best to me.  I always love being home at my mom & dad's with everyone crowded around the table, talking loudly & over each other.  I love when my family descends on my house and piles onto the couch, the floor, around the table all still talking loudly & over each other.  So it's no different here; it's not stressful like some people think.  We love having a full house and if you've been wanting to visit - please do :)  We'd love to have you.

Anyway, old dear friends of mine came in town last weekend for a week exploring Colorado.  We realized this week that Keith & I have known each other for 21 years!!  It was really wonderful for our kids to play together, and for us four adults to sit around catching up in the evenings after the house quieted down some.  Three kids under the age of seven is LOUD.  But in a good way!  Brady loved having playmates and went to bed exhausted every night.  It was a great week together.

One day Megan, the kiddos and I explored a park in town that I hadn't been to before (while the guys golfed of course).  It was awesome!!  B & I will definitely be going back.  It was a perfect bluebird Colorado day.

The splash park was a hit with all three monkeys.  B is a water fan for sure.



Most of my photos of him these days are from behind - he's not exactly into posing for the camera.  Way too much to do & explore.

After we dried the kids off & changed clothes, we played at the big playground next to the splash park and Brady got his climb on.  He's all about going up!  Which means I get to climb too ;)

We also explored the Trial Gardens at CSU while they were in town.  Look how darling these kiddos are, and they are so well behaved!  I was really impressed.  Love them.

Little man got all into the exploration of the flower beds.


I loooove that he's learned to sniff flowers.  I don't know why it's so cute to me, but I just love it.

Getting dirty is no thing to him.  He's all up in the dirt every chance he gets!


Mmmm!


We attempted containment for a little bit.  It was short lived.  Way too much to see & do for Bubs to be carried around.


Charging away from me.  Seriously, even Keith & Megan both mentioned "he's pretty active for a one year old!" - thank you for the validation!!  No wonder Mama is so exhausted by 8pm every night when he goes to bed!  This child is on the move at all times.  And fearless to boot (scary combination).

He thought me chasing him was so funny & he cackled when I caught up with him!  So sweet, that little grin.  It's worth all the heart attacks he gives me running off.



I was able to get a few pics of their sweet family, just around town.  This is on a beautiful trail near downtown.  I love Colorado for its plethora of trails.

And in Old Town.

We of course had to take them to Beaujo's Pizza while they were here - our fave place to eat in Old Town.  Love this picture they took of us afterwards.  We don't get many where B is actually cooperating!

Loving the splash park in Old Town - an impromptu play session between shopping!  The kiddos were soaked but didn't care a bit.  They were shrieking with laughter & it was really fun to watch.


Someone was too tired for getting wet.




Thank you guys for coming to see us!!!
We had a great time with you & can't wait to see you again soon.


2 comments:

Carol said...

What fun! I'm glad you all had a chance for such a good visit!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time! B man couldn't get any cuter:). Aunt Jane