2.28.2010

Family Trip To Illinois

Last weekend Mike and I traveled to Illinois to spend some time with my family. It was much needed down time for us, and we had a wonderful visit with everyone! This is when I wish I lived closer so I got to see the whole fam more than a couple times a year! The weekend went too fast.

Of course I was picture crazy, so here are some of the highlights - you can see a few others HERE.


Laney got to sleep in a "princess" bed - and she was so excited! It really was just a little bed with a pink boa draped over it but she was convinced it was a PRINCESS bed!! She looks so sweet here:

And a little ornery here :) Love the squished nose!

Aunt Jane is a favorite (could have something to do with candy!!!).

My cute sister with the Audrey belly:

This is Elroy the cow - he was bottle fed as a baby by my grandparents and now he could care less about people being around. Somehow he manages to get out of the electric fence (!!) daily and graze right by their front porch. We were able to walk right up to him, though he won't actually let anyone pet him. He's pretty cute.

Laney with her Papa (my dad). They are pretty sweet together.

We of course took a Price family portrait since we were actually all there.....this is one of the rejects. Mike, Ruth & my Mom know the trick of "just keep looking at the camera and smiling no matter what the child does." Back arching toddler and all :)

And the only good one of the bunch! Laney wanted nothing to do with the family moment.

She was, however, perfectly content to let Uncle Mike push her around the yard in the Cozy Coupe with her feet up! Princess, indeed.

Me with my best girls.

One of my uncles had baby puppies! Look at this sweetheart! We tried to get Laney to convince Papa to let her take a puppy home, to no avail.

Ruth, Liz, Laney & I decided to take the Mule out to see the cows but it was a bit mushy and we managed to bury the machine! Oops. We really got a good laugh out of it though...pretty sure they could hear us laughing and shrieking three counties away.

Our uncle Cullen came and towed us out thankfully...

We decided to go visit the horsies instead since it was less muddy there. Laney loved petting them!

And Mike snapped a sweet picture of me with Laney, thanks babe! She is such a doll.

Great to see you, Family. Miss you so much!!!

5 comments:

Erika Jackson said...

Love the new blog!! These pictures are fantastic. Are you using the new actions yet? I love the cow shot - looks super vintagey! See you in a week!!!

Carol said...

Great pictures! It was really good to see you guys, but went way too fast. Love you!

April said...

Love the picture of you and Laney at the end....so precious! Glad you had such a great time with your sweet family :)

Josh and Liz said...

Great pics, Jess! We had so much fun visiting with you guys! Can't wait to do it again...

Julie said...

Whenever I read a post about your visits with family it makes me feel like I'm there. I love the farm!!