Just bid farewell to the Hubs at the start line of this 200 mile race he's participating in this weekend. He and eleven buddies are running from Fort Collins to Steamboat Springs, up over the Continental Divide, as part of a relay whose motto is "Get Your Ass Over The Pass" :) Yes, I do think they are all crazy, but at the starting line this morning there was nothing but hype and laughter and adrenaline. They each run three segments over the next 36 or so hours, ranging from 4 mile to 9 mile stints, and the race goes through the night nonstop. The race is planned every year over a full-moon weekend to make running at night easier. I'm so proud of them all! What an amazing accomplishment when they finish tomorrow night.
You can go HERE to see the race route. Some parts are straight uphill!
You can go HERE to see the race route. Some parts are straight uphill!
6 comments:
Good luck, guys! Thinking of you, Mike!!
Wow! What a cool idea. I know they'll have a blast!
Rock the Rockies, baby! Wish I could be there!
Wow, that's awesome! Good luck, Mike!
Mike told us about this when we over dinner during his last visit to KC, I totally forgot about it unti I saw your post! I also remember thinking you get crazier and crazier every year :)
Love ya brother, good luck!!
Wow, that is great! I would NEVER EVER want to do that...but good for them :) They will feel so proud once they are done!
Post a Comment