5.13.2009

Happy Birthday Hubs!

Yesterday was Mike's 33rd birthday! We had such a great time celebrating with a backyard bbq and some of our bestest friends. We fired up the grill for the first time since last MAY when we had Mike's going-away (pre-deployment) party. Crazy that we haven't grilled out since then :) Thanks to all our friends who joined us, we had an awesome time!


Thanks to Rob for running the grill - Mike wanted to be "off" grill duty on his birthday :) The steaks Rob seasoned up were AWESOME.

Enjoying the backyard with some bocce ball of course.

Mike's grandpa came out for a long weekend to celebrate Mike's birthday - they have been enjoying many fun rounds of golf and we'll be sad to bid him farewell this afternoon! It's been a great visit with him!!

Me and Linds. Love the new pergola and patio furniture! It's so great to have an outdoor space to enjoy :)

The master griller at work.

All the boys!

Birthday boy with the Koepps!

Lindsay, Brandi, Kate and Jess.

The boys lolling about in the kitchen.

Fun golf shot from the week!!

Mike and Gramps drove up to Estes yesterday while I was at work - it was a little chilly up there despite the 85 degree high down in Fort Collins!

Enjoying dinner out Sunday night, at our fave restaurant Bent Fork.

And, finally, Mike enjoying his birthday present from me! Sorry it's a bit blurry - he was racing around like crazy on it. I gave it to him Saturday (it's a little hard to hide a bike in the house somewhere!) and he immediately hopped on and rode over to the Koepps for our dinner plans with them! He loves it!! Maybe it will compensate for the low gas mileage the new truck gets :)

Happy birthday to my favorite guy in the world!!

8 comments:

Marri said...

Happy Birthday Mike!!
Love the new wheels!!

Liz said...

Happy birthday Mike! How fun you got him a bike. I would LOVE to get Jon one too! You are the best blogger ever. Thanks for keeping it so updated. It makes me happy to see all the fun stuff you all are up to. When are you visiting CoMo again? Hopefully in July sometime once this new baby girl arrives :)

Lee and Jod said...

Great updates Jess! I really need to blog...bad! time...time? where are you!!!???? kisses, jod

Carol said...

Happy birthday, Mike!

Looks like you guys had a great b-day party and I know you both really enjoyed having Mike's Grandpa visit. What boy doesn't LOVE a new bike!! You'll have to get one, too, Jess.

noa said...

Mike--happy BDAY! I hope your gramps kicked your tail all over the golf course...payback for the lashing you gave me in Hawaii.

Julie said...

Oooo-what kind of bike? Is it a road bike? Noa will be planning many a bike ride for Seattle now. Keep those fingers crossed!

potato junk mom said...

Jess I think your new word is Lolling..I love it.

potato junk mom said...

Ok I wasn't going to say this but..I remember your first Bike..and then the tears came..Happy Birthday honey.I celebrate you everyday in my heart.