This is a totally random post but just had to share these couple of things.
This is Sarge with our friends' little girl Melana (another "Lena"!!). He absolutely loves her and though he tries to lick her to death every time he sees her, he's surprisingly submissive to her. When she tells him to sit, down or stay - he does! When she tells him down, and then leans towards him to pet him, he rolls on his back. These pictures are priceless....a big ole mellow Rottweiler with his feet in the air while a tiny little girl pets him. He's a sweet pup.
This is Sarge with our friends' little girl Melana (another "Lena"!!). He absolutely loves her and though he tries to lick her to death every time he sees her, he's surprisingly submissive to her. When she tells him to sit, down or stay - he does! When she tells him down, and then leans towards him to pet him, he rolls on his back. These pictures are priceless....a big ole mellow Rottweiler with his feet in the air while a tiny little girl pets him. He's a sweet pup.
And I just had to share this new recipe.....I've recently started really cooking. You know, like using recipes and what not :) Well, we've had several yummy meals that we'll definitely have again (and some that we realized aren't worth the effort) but this one was Mike's favorite so far, so thought I'd share. The recipe is below the pic.....
Pepperoni Lasagna Roll-Ups
3 lasagna noodles
3/4 c. ricotta cheese
1/2 t. minced chives
1/2 t. dried oregano
1/2 t. dried basil
24 slices pepperoni
3 slices swiss or mozarella cheese
1 c. spaghetti sauce
1/4 c. shredded parmesan cheese
*****
Cook noodles, drain and lay flat on work surface. Combine ricotta cheese, chives, oregano and basil; spread 1/4 c. over each noodle to within 1/2 inch of edges. Top with pepperoni and sliced cheese, carefully roll up. Place seam side down in greased shallow baking dish, top with spaghetti sauce. Cover and bake at 350 degrees x 20-25 min or until bubbly. Uncover, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. (yields three servings)
I was serving four that night so I just added a little extra of everything but certainly you could double or triple it to feed larger families without any extra work. I served it with asparagus and crescent rolls......and everyone's plates were licked clean. At first also, I thought one roll-up wasn't going to be enough to be filling - but surprisingly it is! It's dense, and when you serve a side dish or two, one is more than enough.
Happy cooking, friends! I imagine as I continue to find recipes that work well for me (and are relatively easy to make), I'll continue sharing them with y'all!!

3 lasagna noodles
3/4 c. ricotta cheese
1/2 t. minced chives
1/2 t. dried oregano
1/2 t. dried basil
24 slices pepperoni
3 slices swiss or mozarella cheese
1 c. spaghetti sauce
1/4 c. shredded parmesan cheese
*****
Cook noodles, drain and lay flat on work surface. Combine ricotta cheese, chives, oregano and basil; spread 1/4 c. over each noodle to within 1/2 inch of edges. Top with pepperoni and sliced cheese, carefully roll up. Place seam side down in greased shallow baking dish, top with spaghetti sauce. Cover and bake at 350 degrees x 20-25 min or until bubbly. Uncover, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. (yields three servings)
I was serving four that night so I just added a little extra of everything but certainly you could double or triple it to feed larger families without any extra work. I served it with asparagus and crescent rolls......and everyone's plates were licked clean. At first also, I thought one roll-up wasn't going to be enough to be filling - but surprisingly it is! It's dense, and when you serve a side dish or two, one is more than enough.
Happy cooking, friends! I imagine as I continue to find recipes that work well for me (and are relatively easy to make), I'll continue sharing them with y'all!!

5 comments:
Can't wait to try the recipe! How fun is it to cook?! I am starting to love it too!! (I smell a cook off in the near future)
Yum! I will have to try that with my freezer group. Fun updates. I love the pics of the alpacas too. I would be scared of them. Anything larger than a med-sized dog freaks me out in person :) Well, if they are not behind a large gate or electric fence anyway!
yumm-o, jess! send any along that are worth keeping. i am always looking for new dinner ideas. its kinda fun trying out new recipes. :)
melana is adorable with sarge! great pictures!
Yum yum! You are a regular little Rachael Ray!
Post a Comment