Last weekend we had the blessing of getting to have a baby shower for Jen and her baby boy (not here yet!). Shellie and I hosted it, at my house, and we had such a good time just getting to visit all afternoon with a bunch of girls!! Jen is such a sweet friend and it was an honor to celebrate her.
My old neighbor Beth (still sad they moved!) and Kate....and Beth's new addition, Christy. It was so much fun to have a baby to ooh and ahh over at a baby shower!! Christy was a doll, and didn't make a peep the whole afternoon even while being passed around to many arms :)
Jenn, Shellie, Jen and me. Some of my very bestest!
Jenn and Jen and I continued the getting-ready-for-baby process by going out for pedicures later in the week! Gotta have cute toes for labor, right? Or so they say!
Shellie, me and Brandi. The three of us spent that morning running around Target and Babys R Us like idiots shopping and laughing - we had a great time and we are very excited to be Baby Huntington's favorite Colorado aunts :)
Here's the cake......we had a small snafu with the decorator's icing and ended up going simple with an H (and you know I love me a good monogram!!).........but yum this cake was delish! Thanks Shellie. And we decorated the house with a fall theme for the shower, complete with pumpkins and fall leaves and Jen's outdoor fall-ish belly pics :) We enjoyed lots of yummy fall foods too, like apple cider and baked mac-n-cheese and Brooke's Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and Pumpkin dip with apples (to die for - get her recipe!) plus much more. I love a good appetizer lunch :)
I'll keep you posted on Baby Huntington's any-day arrival!

7 comments:
LOVE the hooter hider- I got the same exact one for my friend, Heidi!!! Today we had a shower too at my home for a friend, and I gave her the trusty hooter hider gift as one of her gifts!!!! What a blessing you are to so many girls, Jess!! Truly thankful for you!!!
Aww - wish I could have been there! I'm glad it went well. By the way - love the fall decorations! The pumpkins on the fireplace are cute!
I really love that material the hooter hider is made out of...I'll have to see if I can find one. I still want to make those. I also love your couch that is curved. How cute. Nothing like dark brown leather to snuggle into. It was such a cute shower Jess! I wish I lived closer to meet your friends, and just play. Plus, my toes are in desperate need of another pedi. They are half painted from E's wedding. I got bright pink toes before labor to "distract me"...but I can honestly say, I never looked at them. I had other things on my mind I suppose :) (next time I am going to be trying to look adorable for my first pic with my fam, so I can be like Brooke!)
LOVE this post!! it was such a yummy, homey, and fun party! i can't what to meet the little baby huntington stinker!!
What a fun shower, you did a great job, Jess! I know Jen is going to be a great Momma :) Keep us posted on any new baby developments :)
Looks like a fun party! For the record, I want a hooter hider the next time I have a baby! :) That thing would be great!
I guess I'm not up on the Hooter-Hider phenomenon, but it looks like a great idea! Jen looks great and we can't wait to see pictures of the new baby boy. Give the H's our best, what an exciting time!
Post a Comment