So, as usual, it's been a crazy busy couple of weeks for the Apostle household and I am just now getting time to blog about our trip to California May 1-5!! We went out to Santa Barbara to celebrate Kate's graduation from college and had such a great few days out there! So here's the update :)
My favorite picture of Mike and I from the trip! We had just had lunch with the fam in a park overlooking the Pacific. AND I got to feed the squirrels (a total California no-no, but I couldn't help it!) so I was quite happy altogether.
Us with the center of attention, Miss Kate! This is after baccalaureate, so we're all pretty casual. In fact, Kate wore a hot pink spandex suit under her gown because of a dare :)
The Apostle sisters after graduation. Please note our dehydrated sweaty look....it was an outdoor graduation ceremony and only about 500 degrees. Awesome! Actually, it was a neat ceremony and we are so proud of Kate!!
Say hello to our college graduate herself.
Sunday afternoon we played on the beach some, which was a great time.
Sisterly love!
Kind of a neat shot, I captured Uncle Mike taking a picture within a picture! That's Kate frolicking in the surf, in case you're wondering.
Sunday night we all went bowling, and of course it was girls against boys - what isn't a competition?! Sadly the girls lost....but, if I may toot my own horn here, the loss was in spite of a score of 175 bowled by your's truly. No, I have never come close to that before. I bowled 5 strikes in a row the last 5 throws (?).....and then we stopped playing because I knew it wasn't possible to do that again!!
Mike has several friends still living in SoCal, and one of his best is Jim Eddy! They got to meet up over the weekend for a quick round of golf.
Our dear friends from Jax, Tara and her husband Chris, joined the fam (they ARE family!) for the graduation stuff and it was so refreshing to see her, for me and for Kate. And I think the Mocks rather enjoyed their kidless vacation :) This, too, is one of my favorite pictures from the weekend.
So that's the California update.
Next up is the going-away party we had for Hubs (sniff sniff). Hopefully I'll get caught up soon and stay on top of this blogging thing a little better :)

6 comments:
Ok, my favorite pic on the blog is the one of you, Kate, and Tara. Although I love them all! Question, Jess, have you ever taking a bad picture? you look amazing---even after the 500 degree heat! Love you!
I second that, you look gorgeous Jess! If it had been me in the heat you would've seen makeup melting down my face and my hair looking like I stuck my finger in a light socket or something. No fair!!! I mean, you can't look great all the time!!
Love you anyway ;)
You are pretty cute, I agree! I have another question, Have you all been home for more than a week at a time in the last 6 months? You are traveling fools! So sad Mike is leaving...I'll miss him even though I never get to see him anyway :) Love you sister!
Wow, what a jam-packed weekend! I bet you were all wiped out when you got home. If you and Marri were melting in your regular clothes, I would hate to think what Kate felt like in her stylish black cap & gown! Looks like a great time. Congrats, Kate!!
-Mom
Look at Kate's face in the picture right after the ceremony---Yeah, she's going to DisneyLand.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you were there to celebrate with me!!! talk about a great way to sum up 4 years, right?
Post a Comment