2.11.2007

Snowshoeing




A few weekends back we headed into the mountains to try out snowshoeing. I had no idea what to expect, and I found myself absolutely loving it! Even after two hours, I didn't want to leave. It's similar to hiking, except with these big metal wafers strapped to your shoes!! Who would've thought they'd keep you on top of the snow? But we found out how effective they were when we took the shoes off and sunk into about 15 inches of snow! Of course no activity is complete without a few laughs, and our numerous falls took care of that for us (see Nicole taking one for the team in the pic above). I also built my first Colorado snowman, albeit a tiny one. And the views from the state park where we went to were amazing - we could see Horsetooth Reservoir iced over, and Ft Collins below it. It was an awesome day.

We went with Rob and Lindsey, Jen and her friend Nicole, a girl Mike works with, and of course Mike and I. And we're already planning our next snowshoeing day - and just be forwarned, if there's snow on the ground when you plan to visit, you'll get drug out there to try it also. I'm positive you all would love it!!

No comments: