1.12.2007

A Trip Out West

Loading the truck...

Posing for a picture with everyone before setting out from Jacksonville...Our afternoon on the side of the road in Illinois - after a tire blew out on the UHaul...
Finally! We made it to Colorado four days later...

It was a relatively easy trip out west, all things considered. We traveled with two other couples and our combined total of three cats and three dogs. The animals were surprisingly easy to cart across the country - minus an episode of car sickness and a couple of hours of cat-meows before everyone settled down. We were able to see our families on the way down I-70, which was a huge blessing. One of the other girls, Lindsey, had never seen snow before (a true Floridian) so there were several "firsts" we got to experience with her. It was a great trip, a lot of fun with good friends....though I can't say any of us want to move anywhere again for a long while!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you are where you are supposed to be. so glad you made it safely. so glad you blogged about it. amd most glad i will be seeing your new home in a few short months!

Julie said...

Wow - sounds like quite a trip! I can't believe one of the tires blew out on the UHaul. What a pain. But, you made it - hurray!

Anonymous said...

You remind me of the pioneers, traveling west for the bigger and better wide open country. Yee-haw.

Liz said...

I love that you pulled a uhaul with another uhaul. I can't wait to visit you in your new beautiful home in colorado. Tell Mike hi for me. I love you!

Bailey Mohr said...

Glad you made it to Colorado okay! Hope you quickly make your new house and city a home that God blesses you with wonderful new friends!

Anonymous said...

Gee, I wish I was there! Sloggin it out in the lowlands here in Ks. Good for you guys! Great pics! Uh kinda small snowman....