8.01.2006

Early Anniversary



Mike and I got married on September 12. We love to celebrate our anniversary, mainly because not enough people value marriage the same way anymore. It's the best thing we've ever done, get married. We are exceptionally happy.

Since Mike will be in Iraq for our third wedding-birthday, we decided to take a trip and give our presents a little early this year. I gave him noise-cancelling headphones (a must for airplane trips) and he gave me....drum roll....a beautiful Nikon D200 camera!! Digital SLR. Freaking awesome. He's a champion gift-giver. I have been harassing him and the dog all day long with my photo-taking.

So the trip....he planned it all, at my request for a surprise. London and Dublin. Yes, England and Ireland. What in the world?! We are so excited to explore new countries together (and test out that Nikon) for 10 days. Wish us luck!!
 Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Josh and Liz said...

Jealous doesn't even begin to describe me right now! I was just telling Josh tonight that I want a nice camera because I loved taking pictures with Dad's old nice one. And London and Ireland... wow, you're going to have a blast! When are you going?

Julie said...

Why don't you just swing over to Japan on your way around the world. I think that would make your trip even cooler - ha ha ha.

Um, did Mike forget that his "girlfriend" needs to go on this trip too?!

Anonymous said...

I think it's fair to say that Mike has established himself as the premier gift-giver of our generation. He is the MASTER of surprises. The ACE of gift giving. The ROOSTER in the chicken coop. A MAN among boys. A NINJA among white belts. The FERRARI of sportscars. The MICHAEL JACKSON of pop circa 1980s. The JORDAN of balling circa 1990s. THE DARTH VADER of the dark side and the LUKE of jedi knights. The BREAKFAST CLUB of 1980s teen hollywood productions. The ice-cold, canned, COCA-COLA of soft drinks...I could go on.

And Jess NO slouch. Having recently traveled with noise canceling headphones, I can testify to their value (particularly for long flights)...but what's more...those headphones you got him (out of my league) are quite simply...flippin' sweet. The most comfortable head gear that's ever graced my ears...and with sound canceling so efficient, you might as well be in outer space.

Have a GREAT trip! We expect to see all of your 800 plus pictures upon your return.

-NOA

April said...

NO WAY! What an awesome surprise! You guys are going to have a great time.
I must quote Noa (and Napoleon Dynamite) with my concurrence and say, "Flippin' Sweet!"

Anonymous said...

What a great trip! Can't wait to see the pictures when we see you again.

-Mom

Brian said...

Hope you guys are off having fun. I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!!!!!! You guys really know how to do things right.

potato junk mom said...

I can only say this...
MY KIDS ROCK!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Can I please get a blog update? It's been days. I'm dying here.