2.21.2006

Pets Galore


Sunday afternoon, Julie and I ventured downtown (yes, all by ourselves!) to the annual Purina Pet Expo. We of course took her two puppies, who loved every second of the expedition! Sunday proved to be a cold, rainy day so the dogs warded off the chill with their favorite hoodies. Sadie, who hates every second of wearing clothes (she is afterall, a dog), did the "take-this-off-me-Mom" dance where she throws her back end up into the air and does a handstand. Unfortunately for her, the trick still doesn't get the clothes off, so we laughed for a second and then took it off for her! Gunnar is still too puppy-ish to even realize he's wearing anything, so the clothing isn't quite as traumatic. Regardless, both pups were completely elated to wander around a big building full of other fur-kids and sniff hundreds of butts!!

Julie and I also had a great time petting all the dogs, longing over adoption pets (kitties, puppies, bunnies and even a bird or two!), and picking up thousands of flyers and business cards at all the booths.

The four of us left exhausted, but happy. Looking forward to Pet Expo 2007!

6 comments:

Julie said...

You can bet Pet Expo 2007 is worth a trip back from Oki and Fort Collins! We'll be back, baby!!

Julie said...

Have you seen my crate?

:(

Tara said...

I love Sadie's Get-Me-Naked dance - so funny!!

potato junk mom said...

you two girls are so stinkin' cute!!!and I'll bet theres a pet expo in Denver!

potato junk mom said...

and Julie...everytime i see your picture on this blog I want to get you a towel!

Julie said...

Jess-
I totally need a t-shirt that reads:
Dude, where's my crate?

Still no sign of it. I ordered Sadie a new t-shirt (the same one) and got Gunnar a shirt too.

Now, where's that brain of mine??